Wednesday, March 24, 2010

God is doing amazing things

WOW!!! Today was an amazing and busy day.  Parent training began today at Chikondi Center with families of children with special needs.  About 60 people attended, and we were met with everyone dancing and singing.  We started with a Bible message, followed with a parent to parent discussion by me. I was amazed that although most parents feel so alone when they are raising a child with special needs, in Africa I have found mothers experiencing the same emotions and struggles that I have.  Therapy balls were inflated, and we moved on to various trainings in positioning and communication issues.  God was with us for sure, and the parents thanked us over and over again for caring for their children.  Josaphina the director of Chikondi said that although people have come to help the orphans before, we are the first people to ever come to help the children with disabilities.  She said that God has done an amazing thing that she believed would never happen.  Tomorrow we are going back to Chickondi to complete our training with these families.

Kim for the Malawi Team 2010

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear things are going well. John and I are praying for you Kim and the rest of the team.

A said...

That is great! Thank you LORD for your provision!!! Thanks for updating!
Annie Holt and family

Anonymous said...

What a blessing for you as well as the families you touched today! We continue to pray for each of you. Shirley

Anonymous said...

praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys are reaching and touching people. As you know, Parents are parents no matter where they are...and I'm sure they are encouraged by you! Take care of yourself...and don't forget the sunscreen! Vicki (Kim's BFF :)

Jenny W said...

Kim, I still cannot get my head wrapped around that you are in Africa doing such wonderful things. I cannot wait to see the pictures and hear the stories!!

No chance of uploading pics before hand.....?

Anonymous said...

Kimmi...as you know parents are parents no matter where they are. I'm sure the parents you are seeing there are especially blessed to have you all teaching them, speaking to them, and reassuring them that their child is STILL a child! Glad you all made it in one piece...well I assume you are all in one piece :)
Vicki (aka Kim's BFF)

Patti Wieland said...

Hi Cheri

The girls miss you (I think Brian does too). But we have been having a great time. When you talk to your mom, tell her I am sorry that the house probably wasn't up to her standards in cleanliness when she arrived, but at least it is still standing!! LOL

I am so proud of you - both for what you are doing in Africa and in the way you and Brian are raising your beautiful little girls!

Will continue to keep you and your team in prayer!